Saturday, November 27, 2010

F-L-O-R-I-D-A! S-T-A-T-E!


Photo by: Mike Ehrmann / Getty Images. Used without permission.

FLORIDA STATE! FLORIDA STATE! FLORIDA STATE! WOOOOO!

Yeah, I know. This is supposed to be a hockey and baseball blog. I just can't help it. I am a proud alumni of Florida State University and today was their annual meeting against their arch rivals the University of Florida Gators.

To my Red Sox friends? The Gators are the Yankees of Southern football in my eyes. They haven't had a great year due to losing a lot of seniors or whatever. Really, I don't care why they have been having troubles, I have just been enjoying it.

And enjoy today's 31-7 victory? Did I ever! The Seminoles had not beaten the Gators since 2003. Usually those losses were by a margin of more than 20 points. Demoralizing defeats at the hands of your most hated enemies. But not today.

Today, they were victorious. And go on to meet Virginia Tech in the ACC championship game next week. And then hopefully on to a BCS bowl game. I'm so happy. Happy for the students who hadn't seen this before. Happy for the seniors on the team who had never beaten UF in their playing careers. Happy for the resurgence of the FSU football program. And, it might make me a poor winner, but man am I happy that the Gator fans will have this one stuck in their craw for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment