Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mr. Stamkos' Wild Ride


The game has been over for a while now, and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what happened. I fully intended to actually get to the Red Sox hot stove talk, but then the Lightning/Flyers game happened.

9 goals in the first 20 minutes. Stamkos scores a hattrick. He and Marty St. Louis have a 5 point night. There was so much back and forth I felt like I was watching a tennis match.Two wins in two nights, hopefully that helps to exorcise some of the demons from the crappy West Coast road trip.

The Bolts play in Buffalo on Saturday. I'll be attending the game's watch party being held at Curtis Hixon Park in downtown Tampa. They have opened an ice rink there for the holiday season. I really want to take a spin around the rink, but I'm still recovering from a sprained ankle. Knowing the luck I had with re-injuring the ankle while dancing to "I Will Survive" at a friend's wedding, I will have to hold off until I've healed a bit more. Maybe after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment