Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I Believe in the Church of Baseball.



For the first time in... well, it seems like forever I am traveling for something other than Christmas. I am leaving very early tomorrow morning and shipping up to Boston. One of the first orders of business will be taking the Fenway Park tour. My day in Boston will begin there and end with a hockey game at the Garden with the Lightning taking on the Bruins. It's no small exaggeration to say that I will probably be the happiest woman in Boston tomorrow.

It's easy to wax poetic about the glorious baseball parks of days gone by, most of which aren't around anymore. Fenway is almost 100 years old. It's imperfect. And it's beautiful. I'm not a religious person, but this will be visiting sacred ground for me.

There probably won't be any updates until I get back on Sunday, but I have been told to take a lot of pictures. I'm sure that won't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment