Friday, December 31, 2010

We'll Take A Cup of Kindness Yet For Auld Lang Syne


Photo by: Me

After about a foot and a half of snow, flights being canceled, and a 21 hour drive from Brooklyn to Tampa, I am back home. The city of New York could have solved all of it's plowing/shoveling issues by getting all of the Floridians who are amazed by the snow to shovel it. Seriously. We couldn't get enough. Until our flight was canceled, then things were much less romanticized. I got plenty of sleep and am finally feeling more alert. On the drive back, I started writing a post comparing the sports fandoms of Boston and New York. But Auld Lang Syne is running through my head and I am thinking of the past year.

Frankly, I'm glad to see 2010 go. The new Lightning ownership and seeming resurgence of the franchise has been very welcome, but to see if they can keep it up and have success in the playoffs the calendar needs to change. In the meantime, I can revel in a thrashing of the Candiens to end 2010, Cedrick Desjardins' NHL debut and victory, and Steven Stamkos' 30th and 31st goals.

I had an interesting relationship with the Red Sox this year. Even as the injuries continued to pile up, they still found ways to win. In spite of all of the frustration with pitching and lacking guys like Pedroia or Youkilis in the line up, they were still competitive. Combine that with the sensational off season moves and the waiting for spring training is definitely the hardest part.

I'm excited and looking to the future. 2011 looks to be a good year, sports wise and for my personal life. And that's what I'll be thinking of when the clock chimes midnight this evening. Cheers and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment