Tuesday, December 7, 2010

John Lennon 1940 - 1980


I try to stay largely on topic when it comes to my blog. Every once and a while, a day comes along when I have to veer off of the sporting topic and talk about something else. I'm a little early, but December 8th is one of those days. Almost 30 years ago today, John Lennon was killed.

I am a huge fan of the Beatles and John was always my favorite. I was a weird, loner of a kid when my sister brought home a Beatles Greatest Hits cassette. For whatever reason, the music spoke to me and I felt some sort of kinship with Lennon. So much so that after I would say my nightly prayers, I would lay in bed just talking aloud to him. Even though he died before I was born and the Beatles had broken up even longer before then, I felt like he was a friend.

Today, I choose to remember his life, music, activism, and message.

We still love and miss you, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment