Thursday, December 9, 2010

Kind of a Big Deal


Photo by: Getty Images

My buddy Rich messaged me at about 8 am this morning and was amazed that I hadn't heard the news. The Red Sox signed Carl Crawford while I was sleeping.

About 15 hours later, I still can't believe it happened. I didn't even think we were on his radar. It was all the Angels and the Yankees taking CC and his agent out for dinner.

Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez are going to be wearing Red Sox uniforms on Opening Day. This is going to take some time to process.

All those pundits and writers saying that 2011 was going to be a bridge year for the Sox? Pretty sure the front office just drove over your bridge and gave you the finger.

2 comments:

  1. How'd you rate 8? He texted me at 7, along with a picture of Laura Bush I'm pretty sure was doctored. Best part? Trot got to the phone first. I'm gonna kill him when I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck if I know, Ted. This is why I sleep with my phone in "alarm only" volume mode.

    ReplyDelete