Monday, January 24, 2011

20 Days Until Pitchers & Catchers means...



"I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring... "



Been a long day and no hockey tonight for me. Since we are within spitting distance of truck day, time for another baseball movie recommendation. Bull Durham. Seriously. If you haven't seen it, do so immediately.

It also gives you something to quote during games when every single member of a team gathers around the pitcher's mound. "Candlesticks make a nice gift.."


" It's a long season and you gotta trust. I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball."

No comments:

Post a Comment